Thursday, April 14, 2011

Frankenstein-Situational Irony

"Unable to endure the aspect of the being I had created, I rushed out of the room, and continued a long time traversing my bedchamber, unable to compose my mind to sleep." page 35

After creating the monster, Frankenstein flees to his room. i definitely didn't expect that. He doesn't even hang around to check out his creation. I would certainly have expected a scientist who worked so hard for his creation to want to examine his own work. This scene really shows how little Frankenstein thought about what he was doing. It's like he realizes immediately that he made a huge mistake. He clearly hadn't thought the whole experiment out. The completely unforeseen consequences seem so obvious to me, so I don't understand how or why he didn't see them before.

No comments:

Post a Comment