Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Frankenstein-Page 164

"And now it is ended; there is my last victim." page 164

I was definitely surprised to see Victor's creation show up when he died. First of all, how the heck did he know Victor had died? Was there some sort of creator-creation telepathy that I totally missed? While it's creepy that he seems just to know when Victor has died, it's...I don't want to use the word "sweet," but I can't think of a better word...that he came to pay his respects. This is the real resolution of the story. Finally, creator and creation can be at peace with one another. This would definitely be a good choice for the AP prompt from sometime in the '80s about stories having a clear ending in which all the loose ends are addressed. Did the creature die when he leapt from the boat, though? I couldn't really tell if he killed himself or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment