Thursday, October 7, 2010

Delight in Disorder

I like this poem too. The speaker compares the two sides of his lover. It seems from the poem that the messy, chaotic side of her is by far his favorite. He compares her to a messy, abstract work of art. He basically tells her that her appearance doesn't matter to him at all. He prefers a mess to a put-together, ironed-out girl. Honestly, the poem seems a little cliche, but I like it. At first, I thought the poem was referring to the speaker's attitude toward chaos in general, but after the small group discussion, I see the specific reference to his lover. I really do like the small group discussions. They clear up a lot for me, and I think I'm starting to understand more on my own by thinking about the poems from another person's perspective.

1 comment:

  1. glad the small group discussions are starting to bear fruit!

    ReplyDelete