Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Amanda

I can't decide if Amanda is legitimately crazy/losing her mind or if she's just a paranoid, somewhat psycho mom. The way she treats Tom when he's eating is ridiculous. I mean, my mom tells my brothers to eat politely all the time, but she doesn't yell at them because she thinks they're not enjoying their food. The worst is in scene 5 when she tells him that he's "going to listen" and that she's "at the end of [her] patience" with him. He has to be close to 20 years old, and there's no reason for the mother of a 20-year-old to give him instructions like that. Amanda clearly has issues with how similar Tom is to his father, but she's losing her mind because of it. If she can brag so easily about how many guys wanted to date her when she was young, can her husband leaving really have hurt her that badly? I'm not a big fan regardless of her circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment