Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bright Star

I definitely didn't interpret this correctly the first time I read it. I got the wanting to be like a star part, but it took a little conversing to find some better meaning for me. The lover part didn't make sense before either, but that's all good now too. I like the speaker's idea of the star. The star is strong and still and unchanging. It's comforting and safe just like being with a loved one. The star's loneliness seems peaceful to me. Loneliness isn't all that appealing, sure, but the star seems to be comfortable there. As a human, I wouldn't be, but the star's separation from everything else places it in its own little world just like the "world" the lovers have created for themselves. All this class discussion is awesome, by the way. I really like hearing other people's ideas and having a chance to gain a better understanding for myself through another person's interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment